Skip to main content

Favorite songs of all time

= Favorite songs of all time
Greensleeves.King Henry VIII?
Angie.Rolling Stones
Knights in White Satin.Moody Blues
Hello It's Me.Todd Rundgren
Benny & The Jets.Elton John
Sweet Dreams are Made of This.Eurythmics
Golden Brown.Stranglers

Songs that touch me, Deeply

Greensleeves
The first time I heard 'GreenSleeves' as a 7 year old, I was haunted. I asked my mother who wrote it and she said, 'King Henry VIII' and I remember thinking, 'No he didn't'...

Angie, Rolling Stones
I was 9 years old, awestruck. I CRIED at the end of the song.

Knights in White Satin, Moody Blues
We lived in New Jersey, it was a dark raining night with my mother driving the red Karmann Ghia with just us three. The song was made ever potent with the driving rain.

Hello, It's Me, Todd Rundgren
It was a Summer day and we were just a family out for an outing at the nudist colony. [More on that later]. I was maybe 11 and there was a dark haired boy there I looked longingly at in a crush state. The song forever seals the moment.

Benny & the Jets, Elton John
It's not so much that the song in particular moves me, but I remember thinking it was something different...and I liked it. I had a little bright green transistor radio palm sized [with strap!] when I first heard this song on AM radio. I ended up buying all of his albums.

Sweet Dreams [are made of this], Eurythmics
Dynamite! Pow! Totally original in look and sound this song/video was an instant, "YES" a new artist has arrived on the music scene. The stark contrast of Annie Lennox, all lanky graphic movement topped with orange Q-tip hair played well against Dave Stewart's cool detached persona.

Golden Brown, Stranglers
Such a beautiful song. The keyboard motif takes me back centuries. A haunting truly memorable song. I always thought it was a love song...later to learn it is a song about heroin. So, I guess it is a love song. Deadly love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idiom explained

To have (too) many irons in the fire "to be doing too much at once" is from 1549. irons in the fire, matters with which one is immediately concerned; undertakings; projects: He had other irons in the fire, so that one failure would not destroy him. "Don't have too many irons in the fire" is a saying of unknown origin but is believed to date back to the 1600's. Nowadays it means we shouldn't take on more than we can handle. It's original meaning, however, came straight from the blacksmith's shop where a blacksmith had to find a delicate balance of having enough irons in the forge to keep him busy without putting in too many. If there were too few irons in the fire, the blacksmith would have to wait for some to heat up and couldn't stay constantly busy. If he had too many, he couldn't keep up with them and he would be labeled inefficient. Having just the right amount of irons in the fire was the sign of a good blacksmith and allowed the smi

ONE FIRE, MANY IRONS

What does it mean...and why? Usually the term, 'Too many irons in the fire' is used with cautionary intention. As if to say, 'Don't take on too many things at once'. In my universe, my BLOG - I am rejecting the limitations of the outside world. By creating this universe I acknowledge a multitude of ideas and abilities with no apology or false modesty. The fire is the spiritsoul. The irons are the facets of personality & forms of creativity that issue forth from my soul's expression. In embracing my nature I hope to find a rhythm or cadence that is authentic to me so that expression can flow...continously. Ultimately, this BLOG is a place to blossom. To become. It's a journey whose path is not yet laid out. We won't know where we are until we get there. We may even be surprised by where it takes us...that is, if you want to go with me.